Studland Village Hall
Architect's impression of new Studland Village Hall

Rebuilding the Hall

The new Hall replaces the original Hall, built in the 1920’s, which was coming to the end of its useful life. The Main Hall is some 50% larger than the old, and the building also contains a Meeting Room, office, kitchen, and the Studland Social Club.

Work on the new Hall started in January 2006 and was finished in October the same year. The main contractors were Hammonds and the architect was Chris Pacey.

The rebuilding project cost around £600,000 of which a third was raised locally through various fundraising activities together with donations by residents and local organisations over the previous decade. The balance was made up by grants.

Thank You
The Management Committee would like to thank those who made the funding for the new Hall possible:

  • Big Lottery Fund
  • DEFRA Rural Enterprise Scheme
  • Donation in memory of Leslie J Sibbald
  • Dorset County Council
  • Garfield Weston Foundation
  • Help the Aged
  • National Trust
  • Purbeck District Council
  • Residents and organisations in Studland
  • Studland Parish Council
  • Talbot Village Trust
  • Valentine Charitable Trust
  • Fundraising Team
  • Tony Freer
  • Mrs Ann Guppy
  • Mrs Diana Vine
  • Mrs Rosemary Freer
  • Mrs Jacqui O’Connell
  • Mrs Patricia Yeoman
  • Stephen Yeoman
  • Building Specification Sub-Committee
  • Mike Brown
  • Andrew Churchill
  • Alan Churchill
  • Tony Freer
  • Dave Rolfe